Monday, February 8, 2010

Hitched for 6 Mos & Counting

Hubcap & Luva

Yep you read that right...quit blinking your eyes cuz it's a fact. We've been married six months! We have good news...and HORRIBLE news. The kind of news that makes you not sleep at night (ok maybe just me).

Adjusting to marriage has been a rollercoaster. We've definitely felt the ups and downs that newlyweds go through but we're still loving eachother & enjoying the ride! I love him to pieces and I hope most days he loves me back! (I come with my own bucket of issues)

Here's how our 6 month anniversary went:

I woke up Erik with a surprise breakfast in bed. Chocolate waffles w/ caramel sauce & eggs the way he likes that I make them. Went great.

Ready for the not so great part?

My wedding ring is lost.
Yep. Every bride's nightmare. If there's bad luck in this world it has it's way of finding me. I'm super responsible...I have a routine for when I take it off, where I put it, the whole works. I refuse to take it off in the bathroom or the kitchen. I remember the last second I had it on and all. Somehow I forgot to put it back on last Thurs morning because I noticed it missing at work and it drove me nuts all day! It wasn't in it's spot on my dresser, over the weekend we tore apart the house, every pocket was turned inside out. Nada.

So, it completely grew legs and left my finger to find a new home. There's one kick. Coincidentally, the same day I left it at home was the same day Erik came home and our front door was open. He wondered if maintenance had visited but wasn't sure. At this point we'll never know if someone walked in and stole it but we're not ruling it out completely.

So yes, to make a very long story short and sad-I've lost my beautiful, custom design, emerald cut, double-banded pave setting wedding ring. Tears...

I'm not giving up though. It may turn up (we're praying)...but if not, I am smart enough to have renters insurance and maybe, just maybe we can rebuild it and pretend it's the same.

Note to self: Next time get a ring 2 sizes too small so it NEVER comes off!!!!!!!!


Conclusion:

Roses are Red

Violets are not
I love being married to Erik
...Wedding ring or not.

9 comments:

Sunset Stanley said...

Awww Jess! This makes me sick to my stomach! I hope it turns up soon!

Congrats on 6 months!!

Jordan said...

Oh no! I think Bryson would divorce me if that happened! It HAS to turn up!!!

The Hunts said...

Erik has been very supportive. He knows I take good care of it and he himself sat there going through things while I was crying...he's been really really nice about it. I'm lucky. I told him I felt like the worst wife in the world and he hasn't gotten mad even once!

Denise said...

Oh Jess, that is so sad! Hopefully it will turn up. Congrats on 6 months!

Kadee said...

Definitely call the office and see if maintenance was in your apartment - I would report it! But I am so sad for you! I hope it turns up!

Kara said...

Oh that is seriously horrible. I would die! I really hope it turns up. My Mom lost her ring like 4 times and found it everytime. One of them was in a parking lot covered in leaves:)

Tiffany and Justin said...

Oh my gosh!!! I literally gasped out loud when I read your post! I am soooo sorry you lost your ring!! Pray REALLY hard and maybe it'll turn up :) Have Kayson pray too, I think Heavenly Father listens to those little prayers very intently. Good luck! I am sooo sorry!

The Hunts said...

Thanks guys...such sweet friends. And Tiff that is such a cute idea!

Cristel said...

I lost mine awhile back and I searched for couple days for it and it turns out it had fallen into the hamper I use for the garments (a place I had already looked). So, check every strange place and check twice. I am so sorry for you. But, if you think it was maitenence then I would call the office and tell them as soon as you can!!!