Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Not So Valiant Farewell

We're moving Easter weekend. Which means goodbyes. Most importantly to my precious 8/9 yr old Valiant girls.

Teaching in primary was my very first calling. I use to move around a lot and never stayed put long enough to be blessed with a calling. And blessed is the perfect word indeed.

These girls have meant so much to me and had such a special impact on my ever-growing testimony.

When I first got my calling I just kept thinking how great it was that I knew I'd never have an excuse to skip church-that these girls counted on me. What I didn't expect was to learn so much from them and from my own lessons.

The love these girls have for the gospel has touched my heart!

I know that we gain so much more than we expect from our church callings and it's these little girls that kept my testimony growing and kept me so grounded in my church attendance when I may have wanted to take the easy road out on a bad day.


They were there along my journey as I went through the temple for the first time, got engaged and then was married and sealed to my family in the temple. Their little smiles and excitement encouraging me along the way. They were the first people to call me Sister Hunt-a name I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

Their faith in me gave me such a desire to be a steadfast and worthy example to them and for that I will always hold them so close to my heart!


They made me some adorable cards and we took pictures before I left. Definitely going to pull out that little book any time I need a smile and to remember what MY worth is as a missionary and teacher.
They always want my cupcakes Ü




No comments: