Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 14/15 Triplet Update

3rd appointment...FINALLY! This last appt we didn't find out as much as I'd hoped. But it was a lot more fun watching the kiddos! Dr A is still so giddy about us that he pulls us out to hop on the Ultrasound table everytime. As soon as he pulled up the babies he said, "oh there are 4 in there!". Little snot. Don't be alarmed...there are NOT 4. But someone thinks he's funny. And I have to admit he keeps me laughing in the midst of my fears. The fun news was they finally looked like babies this time. As big as a peach and kicking, moving...and the best part was watching one put it's thumb in it's mouth and start to suck. Kayson never did that in the womb. Precious. I wish even more with the triplets that I could sometimes just have a 5 minute clear window in my tummy to watch them. I'm so curious all the time what it looks like with 3!! How close they are to each other, what positions they're in, what they're doing to each other...how they compare in size. It's so hard to not get to watch them.

Big changes with growth. And expect to see more of this. Typically I would take a pic once a month, but I've learned with this pregnancy I need one once a week. My growth is just too fast. For example. My next appt is in about 3 weeks. From now until then, the babies will have grown another 4 inches a piece. Totaling an additional 12 inches to my body. This should get real interesting in the next 3 weeks! I feel like I should lather myself up in cocoa butter and just lay in a tub all day long and hope for the best! (Guess you know what my new Friday night plans are...ha jk)
So here you have it...
14 1/2 Weeks with Triplets
And here is their approximate size THIS week...

But let's get real...it's actually more like this...

If you could see through me...
I don't have a triplet example but I have a twin pic. Just add one more baby and you'll get the idea :)

Since you were kind enough to make it to the end of this update, here comes the fun news. We start seeing the Neonatologist on January 19th. From there on out we will be having 2 appts each time (one with Dr A & one in Perinatology)...now drum roll please....rump a bum bum...

At this appointment, in 3 weeks, we will be finding out the gender of our 3 babies! Pretty exciting right??? We really want 2 girls & 1 boy. Most think we are having 2 boys & 1 girl. We'll be thrilled with whatever but really want to add a girl to our family!
Please leave a comment with your baby gender prediction...we want to make this fun!!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I still can't believe you are having 3 babies!!! It seems like you are feeling better, unless you just aren't telling us:) I hope you are though. So I have no idea what you are having, but I like the 2 girls and 1 boy!!!

Kadee said...

I am betting on 3 girls!

Katelyn Krum Shaw said...

I'm going to say 2 boys and 1 girl.

Brianna said...

I'm saying at least one boy and one girl, but the third is a mystery to me...

Swain Family said...

There better be at least 1 girl in there! haha. But I'm rooting for 2! :) Exciting!

Denise said...

How exciting! I'm rooting for at least one girl but in all honesty, I'm betting 2 boys, 1 girl...or maybe all boys? Either way, it will be awesome!

Jesse.Amanda.Maelee said...

You are SO cute and little!! I hear ya about the cocoa butter thing! I feel the same way!