Monday, April 4, 2011

The Hospital with 3 Girls for 3 Days

Yep. The girls and I got to move in to the hospital last week for 3 days.

I got a fun spray tan with my sister, was feeling good, thought it was gonna be a rockin week. Then the the tables turned.


The next day we went to my 28 week perinatology appt with the WONDERFUL High Risk docs we love, and I found I had dilated another centimeter (3 cm now). They suspected that Baby A's sac may be poking through and if so they wanted to me stay in the hospital the duration of my pregnancy, but if it wasn't too bad then I only had to stay a few days for monitoring, rest and a 48 hour dose of heavier medicine to slow down my contractions.


My heart about stopped. I wasn't ready. I tried not to cry, tried not to be scared. But then the clouds opened up and we were told some things that put us at ease. They were very proud of us for making it to week 28. It's a very important week and now that we're in the "good zone", if they come everything will probably be ok. We visited with the Neo-Natologis and were told our girls have a 95% Chance of Survival Rate now, as opposed to their 40% chance survival rate only 4 weeks ago. Quite a jump. Of course we will still endure many ups and downs with them while they are in the NICU, and many complications can still occur. Our goal is still 32 weeks, but I'm 29 weeks now and basically anything after this is just bonus baking time.


Fun News:


We got the girls weights and are feeling really good about it! The whole time I was in the hospital we kept being told how great the girls were looking, how healthy and active they seemed. So even though the dam is having a hard time holding them in, mommy and baby girls are actually still doing really well and we feel SO blessed right now to have made it this far. We've heard stories of recent triplet moms who haven't been as lucky and their stories really broke our hearts and made us so much more grateful for our situation.


Baby A= 2 lbs 8 oz

Baby B= 2 lbs 10 oz (and we were told has much longer legs than the other two!)

Baby C= 2 lbs 7 oz


For now, I'm not to get up for anything other than going to the bathroom, and we're just suppose to watch for other signs before heading back. I know we'll be going back soon, whether it be to deliver or to stay until delivery. So we're just grateful for everyday I can keep them in here safe with mama! Here are some pics from our fun little stay:


Room #11. As you've heard from previous posts, 11 has always been my lucky number. So I had a good feeling we'd get lucky somehow. We also had LifeFlight RIGHT outside my window so Kayson was LOVING that.

Super stoked the day I got admitted


Next, by far the WORST part of my stay. The girls' hearts had to be monitored a couple times a day. Try imagining what it would be like to get 3 babies to stay still at the same time for 20 straight minutes and you not being able to move the entire time and you'll know what I'm talking about.

The girls HATED the monitors. Even our shy one would act up and go crazy. They kicked them all over, my belly was just going crazy in every direction. I tried to get them to monitor them when I knew they were asleep and that helped some too. But it was quite the event.

Erik and Kayson surprised mommy with her favorite Easter candy & oranges! I love my sweet boys!

My view for 3 days... :) One of my favorite parts of the stay was Room Service. That's heaven right there.
This is my happy face because I get to go home!! 3 days in the hospital and about to have triplets...don't expect a lot of fancy hair and make up folks :)
I have to say that my nurses were great and there was one in particular that I just adored. I'm not a typical labor & delivery patient. Most are there less than a day and they're delivering. I felt bad that they had REAL deliveries going on all around me and they had to keep coming to check on me, but they pretty much let me be. I do miss my nurse though, wish I could have brought her home with me!


Well, that's it folks. Hospital Stay #1 done and overwith. Stay posted because I'm sure my next stay won't be far away!

5 comments:

Cristel said...

Just a couple of things...

I cried for some reason reading this. I am so scared and excited for you all at the same time.

4511 was the room I had with Jett!

AND, can I admit I hate you a little for not having stretch marks? You have three babies in there for goodness sakes! I probably shouldn't admit this, but Jett asked me the other day why I colored all over my belly. I cried...

Joni and Rico Adams said...

I'm so glad you got to go home. You guys are doing so good despite them trying to shove out early! Keep up the good work mama :)

Erin said...

I'm so glad those girls are still there! I think it's darling how well you know them--even if you call them "Baby A," "Baby B," and "Baby C." Haha. Maybe they'll be A, B, and C for a while! Great job keeping an optimistic face on. 29 is awesome to get to. Everything gets better for them from here on out--you said--extra cooking time! Good job. Keep it up. No one wants to see those sweet girls before 32 weeks, so keep up the only-bathroom-breaks plan! :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

You are doing so good! Glad this stay was short. You are super mom for getting this far! :)

Lisa & Tyler said...

OK, Jess, don't freak out. Yes, stalker nurse here. I can't stop thinking about how things are going with you and had to find your blog!!! LoL! How are you girl??? I miss your cute smiling face here, but I'm SO glad you're home for now! I had BETTER be here when you come to deliver...Just sayin'.

And P.S. everyone - CUTEST. PATIENT. EVERRRR. Love this girl!

Lisa