For two years now I have been wanting to make a cute Advent Calendar. I wanted something I could re-use. Something a little modern...something easy...something I could do whatever I wanted with for our daily "presents". I saw this cute idea a few yrs ago and fell in LOVE. It was everything I'd been looking for! There are some other versions here, here and here. One problem. By the time I remembered it each year it was too late to put it all together. So all year long I had this in the back of my head that it was something I needed to get done in November. Miracles occured in my home and I got it done! Shocker!
For the presents, I wanted to make sure we added in spiritual messages or the story of Christ's birth. (along with candy of course!) So browsing around I found this cute page from a Sharing Time activity in the Friend magazine. It has a star with a scripture from the account of Christ's birth and then a question. We're going to look up the scriptures each day and then when the question is answered Kayson can have the candy. He's pretty excited about this. Which is great...we're really wanted to work on scripture reading with him. You can find the stars here.
Consider this project done with a D!!
2 comments:
Why am I not shocked that you were able to get this done along with all the other things you do! You are amazing! This is such a great idea!
This is SO stinkin' cute! I LOVE it! But I pretty much love everything you make! Adorable!
Post a Comment