Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grateful for Kayson

My little "Puppy" will always be just that. My Puppy. A nickname I've had for him since he was an infant in my arms.
(this pic taken the day of his very first Primary Program!)

This little guy has been there for me in ways I can't replace with anyone else. This has been such a rollercoaster year for him. He has had to go through so many changes in his little world since his sisters were born. Triplets kind of steal the show. It's not a secret. And trying to balance that out has been a major challenge but ever worthy of my attention. It hasn't been easy...and I'll be the first to say I'm not doing good enough. I struggle daily to provide the attention, one on one time and patience that he needs from me. But I'm also working on it and praying for that DAILY. I know it will get easier if I just keep trying to "be a little better". Still, his love and patience with ME has made the last 7 months lighter. He is SUCH a helpful and loving and mature kid. I can count on him to be there and when he's not home I always recognize how much he really helps and adds to the love & atmosphere in our home. He's my little partner.


Being able to finally be with him during the day as a SAHM has meant the world to me...but it also has it's down side. Kayson misses his friends...he misses the interaction. We're really hoping we can get him into preschool when the holidays are over. But in the meantime he's keeping me plenty entertained! He likes to tell us "I have to work today". Apparently he has some secret job we don't know about. And from what I hear, his job is "breakdancing". Yeah. He tells people...strangers...that he is a breakdancer. All official and everything. He loves to dance and is really great at it. I love to watch him! Kayson is also super smart. Out of the blue he came up to me one day knowing how to spell his name backwards. To figure out if he had been told this or if he really was stinkin smart, I asked him to spell a few other words backwards and he did it just like that!! He's SUCH a smart kid! Lately, he's been telling people he "needs to get out of the house". Sad haha...but funny and true!!His birthday is coming up in a couple months and I can't wait to share more about him and the little man he is becoming.


I am so grateful...SO grateful for my "big" puppy!

No comments: