...but for me, I've been particularly blessed to have both. I have many wonderful friends but this is a story about my BEST friend. Kadee and I have been friends since we were in Elementary school. And it's not the fairy-tale friendship you see in the movies where you're attached at the hip from the time you learn to write cursive to being each other's Matron of Honor.
No, our friendship has been much more realistic & human than that. She moved to California right after we graduated. We've had yrs when we weren't as close...yrs when we weren't on the same page...yrs when we (I) were lazy. But we never lost touch. We've always been connected in a way that I'm so grateful for because it's led us to a place in our lives where it's all come full circle and our friendship has grown incredibly deep & unconditional. We've been able to help each other through some pretty hard trials in our lives and it's been our glue.
I mentioned in my side blog a while back that I've been so blessed to have friends in my life that have been there as a support and strength during some of the hardest times in my life. Kadee is that person. She has THE best trait you can find in a person...she's Christlike. Is there a better friend you can ask for?
She's accepting, forgiving, understanding, a great listener...and most importantly, she's the person that knows the BEST me. She's incredibly supportive & uplifting. She knows who I really am & who I'm trying to be and always finds a way to focus on my strengths. She lifts me up when I'm down and gives me hope & faith when I need it most. I don't know what I'd do without her "therapy" some days. I love that there's nothing I can't talk to her about.
It's not easy to have such a close friend live in another state...but it doesn't seem to hinder our friendship or my love for her. We talk EVERY day. We motivate each other with our goals (especially losing our baby weight!), we share just about everything and anything. Sometimes I get so stuck in the house with the kids and being able to talk to her about everything from spiritual things to politics to decorating, celebrity gossip, COOKING, fashion and a LOT of mommy/parenting talk...we pretty much never run out of things to talk about.
She came to visit this week and given the difficult things she's helped me through recently, it was such a relief to have her sweet smile in my presence! I truly look up to her & strive to be the friend to others that she is to me. I know what it feels like to need people to lift you up when you need it the most...to help you keep going & to remind you of your worth instead of bringing you down. She's made me feel like a great example on days when I feel like I've failed. That's what a true friend is. One that knows you by your heart and not your mistakes. I am mesmerized by her talents and her amazing love for others! She's a ridiculously great cook, wife, mother and the best crafter and decorator I know! There's not a single decorating decision I don't run by her first haha! And I have to be a dork here and mention what amazing custom cards/invites/birth announcements she makes. She's made our wedding announcement, birth announcements, blessing invite and Christmas cards with her insane talent! See for yourself here.
We let our little munchkins play together finally and let me tell you...there is something about her little Blake that just melts you. I've never met a baby and fallen in love so quick. I miss him terribly already! He's going to be just like his mother...a love magnet!
We were lucky enough to have a girls night...after all, I probably text her several times a month saying how badly I wish she were here so we could have a girls night!
We've been wanting to eat at the Blue Lemon at City Creek and it was just as good as we imagined!
I'm convinced anything with Artichokes is divine! Mmm...
We had to enjoy ourselves a little Chocolate...we walked so much we deserved it :)
I don't know what it is about caramel apples but I could stare at them all day. I'm glad it's the season to make them again.
Until next time...I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with friends like Kadee...extra sisters. I look forward to many more yrs of irreplaceable friendship and endless girltime! :)


2 comments:
You guys are very fortunate to have one another. I'm glad you were able to get in some quality time. You both look beautiful!!
Love you so much! So flattered that I get a post all about me! All I can say is that it takes a good friend to know a good friend! You've been there for me through my hardest times and I am grateful for you every day!
Post a Comment