Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

On Father's Day I get to celebrate so many wonderful men & outstanding fathers in my life. I thought I'd share a little about the fathers in my life that I'm so grateful for....
This is my dad Kenny. Even though he's lived in Florida most of my life I have a very close and unique relationship with him. He's always been there for me & made such an effort to stay involved in my life. He's a fantastic Grandpa & its so touching to see them together! He's SUCH a hard worker (80+ hours a week!) and if that's not enough, after serving in wars & fulfilling many missions in other countries for the Air Force, he retired a few years ago as a hero to me and our family forever. I'm so grateful for all he's done for our country and the hard working, funny, friendly, positive, understanding father he is.
Bart has been my stepfather since I was 5. But he's never raised me as anything less than his own. He raised me with values & righteous principles that were etched in my heart & made me the woman I am today. He's always put up with me & loved me even during my "rough years" when I didn't deserve it. He's a perfect example that "Daddy's don't just love their children every now and then".

Ahh....the NEW father in my life. I don't know where to begin. Dean is Erik's dad & from day one he's been an amazing example to me. He's loved Kayson & I as if we were his own family. He's been there to offer a hand when times were tough & always goes out of his way to help anyone in need. He genuinely cares about people & there's nothing he wouldn't do for another. I've known him almost 2 yrs & I've never seen him raise his voice or get upset. I've never known a man as respectful & loving as he is with his wife. I'm hoping that runs in his genes!!

No comments: