But I found a cute little idea to make home made facial sugar scrub & just in time for one of my dear friend's birthdays! Here's the one I made and I've included the recipe below as well as some other fun Sugar Scrub Recipes. I found the ideas here.

Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Mix 3 parts white sugar and 1 part olive oil
1 teaspoon peppermint extract or essential oil
The consistency: Not oily runny everywhere, like the honey won’t mix all the way in.
Not breaking apart and lumpy like there is too much sugar.
Honey Almond Sleepy Sugar Scrub:
Mix about 3 parts white sugar and 1 part honey
2 Tablespoons tea
1 Teaspoon almond extract
Vanilla Almond Brown Sugar Scrub:
Mix about 3 parts brown sugar and 2 parts olive oil
2 packets instant oatmeal (or about 1 cup oats)
Handful of almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract
Mix all in a food processor, or beat a bunch with a spoon (and chop the almonds)
This consistency will be more grainy than the last recipe, but should still have a little movement in it.
If your hands are too oily after, add more oats or sugar!And voila, you have yourself a cheap (if not free) little pampering gift!
3 comments:
I love it.
Great recipes! THank you for sharing. I have one on my blog for candy cane sugar scrub with actual crushed candy cane in it. They are so fun and sweet to make.
How fun!! You always have such cute ideas! :)
Post a Comment