Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Dream Of Headboards...

So I would consider myself a "crafty" person. Now listen here, there is a distinct difference between the word "crafty" and "creative". I myself, am not always that creative on my own, but with a little inspiration (and some copy catting here & there) I can whip up masterpieces that I'm quite proud of!

One thing I've ALWAYS...for YEARS...wanted to do is make my own headboard. Not necessarily a headboard but more of a "faux headboard" that goes on my wall. I've drooled over dozens of ideas over the years. Below are some of the endless possibilities out there that I'm trying to decide between... Most likely we'll end up with a unique canvas of Erik and I. I like the look of intimate details...like just a pic of holding hands or our feet. We'll see. But here are some cute canvas related ideas...



This one just looks like spray painted plywood...genius!!!!


This next one is a lot like an idea I've had for years of finding a few (3) pieces of worn wood and nailing them on the wall, a little more spaced apart than this...


I've told Erik when we own a home, it would be fun (although tedious) to do something like this...


This is a common one these days...taking a french door or standard door and painting it to make into a headboard.

I for one, think a stained & rustic turquoise would look sooo romantic!

This is easier than it looks. Take a piece of board, attach some circles, and spray high quality paint around them. Love the modern look. So for now, until our nursery & other projects are done...and our life calms down a little, I will continue to be on the hunt for the perfect headboard project. Although the canvas idea may be the best/easiest option...I really crave something more "crafty"!! And if you have seen any other great ideas, feel free to send the links my way!

3 comments:

...Ashlee... said...

Oh no... I've been trying to stay off the re-finishing blogs to keep me from "having" to do something...but your post just did it to me! I HAVE TO DO THIS... one of them at least ;)

Crystal said...

LOVE the wood one. and the one with shutters. Brilliant.
and you need to give yourself more credit on the creativity thing. Remember the gas pump cake?!
:)

Kara said...

I need a headboard right now! I still don't have a bed just the mattress on the floor. These things take time though, its a tough decision. Can't wait to see your nursery:)