I don't have a lot to report on since my last appt @ 22 weeks but I can catch you up on some stats after my 25 week appt I have in a few days. That doesn't mean I don't have PLENTY to whine and brag about though! So sit back, relax and enjoy the life of a mama cookin up triplets!Fun Facts:
- I've officially gained 20 lbs. (Probably at least 5 since then) I didn't start gaining until my 4th month so mind you that 20 lb gain was in all in 2 months! According to the info below, I am carrying about 27 lb all in my belly.
Baby - 1 lb 10 oz x 3
Placenta- 1 lb x 3
Aminotic Fluid- 2 pounds x 3
Uterine Enlargement - 2 Pounds
One of my favorite things about following pregnancies of multiples is seeing the photo progression. I haven't done very well the last few weeks because we lost our camera-great timing right? The camera phone will have to do. So, at your service...
24 Weeks with Triplets
Not too shabby from the front right?

BAM just kidding! And there it is. Thought I had you fooled eh?

Now I know my hot sausage legs are like disgustingly appealing in these leggings...but guess who doesn't care because they're HOLDING UP THE WORLD!!! And that's an understatement. It's a miracle they aren't swelling. Now on occasion, if I stand too long, take a hot bath, or walk too much my feet and ankles will swell a little. Erik doesn't notice it much but I do. I'm enjoying this while I can because I know I'm going to swell up like crazy in the next month or two. But so far, I'm MUCH better than my first pregnancy. These girls are ALL in my belly.
-I still have trouble eating. I'm suppose to be on a 4000 cal diet a day and I think I'm lucky if I'm around 2000. It's not that I'm not trying. But I can't eat very much without it hurting and making me SUPER uncomfortable. So I'm drinking some Ensure a couple times a day and we're working on adding some healthier foods, more variety foods and MORE of them to my diet. I never thought I'd say I want to get fatter...ever in my lifetime...but we REALLY want these babies big and healthy and any extra work I have to put my body through after will totally be worth it!
-Contractions are not my best friend. This has been new for me. I didn't have any with Kayson until I was actually in labor and they felt different..like painful menstrual cramps. About a week ago, just before 24 weeks, I started noticing more frequent and noticeable Braxton Hicks. They don't hurt thank goodness...but it took me a long time to figure them out. I've been feeling them a couple times a week for a couple months but up until this week I always assumed it was just the 3 babies all pushing their bums and backs out toward the outside of my stomach and making it all tight and uncomfortable. I had no idea what to expect and with triplets I was even more confused and blame everything on the fact that it's triplets and probably just different. But I was wrong. So for any future triplet or twin moms reading this, its a contraction.
It's gotten to the point where I get one almost every time I stand up. So I've been told it's ok as long as they aren't really painful and that I need to stay down if I keep getting them. You have no idea how hard that is!! Sure I'm a whiner and I know a lot of people go through these but they keep me up all night and I can't move around the house or get anything done anymore without having one. I guess I'm just gonna have to give in to REALLY taking it easy to keep these ladies in here.
-The girls like to move a LOT. And they are just like Kayson was...predictable. One play time is at 10pm. It's still pretty crazy feeling them in all different spots of my belly at once. Poor Erik, he gets to feel them SOMETIMES...but he has magic hands. Everytime they are going nuts, he'll put his hands on there and it's like they know it's him and they chill out. Kind of nice when I want them to calm down though!
-We still haven't settled on a 3rd name. I still love Berklee, Erik still likes Kenadee. We don't have much time left so who knows, she may not be named until she's here! Kayson is very cute to suggest some names sometimes too, but they're usually more comical than reasonable! The latest? "Stinkerbelle". Yeah....
-Ok and I saved my real whining til last. I'm frustrated. Overwhelmed. But surprisingly hopeful. The reality is our Week of Viability Goal date is only 3 1/2 weeks away (28 wks). Our personal goal date and avg triplet birth date is 6 1/2 weeks away (32 wks). If by some miracle, I make it passed both then I will be induced in 9 1/2 weeks (35 wks). So in my mind, we only have about 6 weeks to get ready and we have so much to do. This is the list that haunts me at night:
1.We have to organize and dejunk a LOT to make room for the babies and all the diaper and formula storage.
2. Clean out Kayson's room and move him to the smaller bedroom
3. Paint and beadboard both kids rooms
4. Put up cribs
5. Decorate nursery and organize all their supplies, clothes, belongings
6. Clean out master room to make room for the packnplays
7. Clean our carpets
8. Sell our Kia
8. Sell our Kia
9. Buy an SUV
10. Finish buying all the things we need on our registry (pjs, blankets, bottle supplies, bibs, play mat, etc)
11. Sell Kayson's Graco stroller/carseat combo & nursery bedding for money to help with baby supplies
12. Crochet ear flap hats for the girls newborn pics
...and the worst part? Now that I'm on bedrest, having regular contractions and becoming SUPER immobile, I pretty much can't do any of it. My darling husband is so stressed and busy with work and the last couple months of grueling nursing school that he doesn't have a lot of time either. I can't stand feeling this helpless...knowing I have so much to do and that this time it CAN'T wait til after the babies are here because...well...there will barely be time to breathe when we have triplets and a 4 yr old at home to take care of. Now's our only chance and I'm just freaking out. I can only do things while sitting down...things like finishing up the girls crafts for the nursery and crocheting. I've never in my life wanted a body double like I do right now! My poor husband is going to have to take on so much and it's so unfair to him. I just have to do my best to keep my mouth zipped and be grateful for every little bit I get. Hopefully these babies don't come before it's all done. I'd give anything to have as little stress other than the babies to worry about. We have so many stresses from money to Erik finding a full time nursing job to getting our house and supplies ready to getting our vehicles fixed and figured out...and the ONLY thing I want to focus on and worry about are my children. Ugh. I guess that's where prayer comes in right? Right.
9 comments:
Oh, you are so darling. I cant help but be jealous that you look better than I did and I was only baking one. Cant believe how fast it is all going. Let me know what I can do to help.
Jess you look GREAT! I wish more than anything I could be of more help in getting ready for the babies but I'm in the same boat you are with bedrest. Bedrest is the pits! You're amazing! Keep calm and carry on!
You know you are amazing!! I freaked out because I didn't think I was going to be able to get everything done, but a little suggestion is to call your visiting teachers and the RS Presidency. They came, and in 1 day I had almost everything done! At this point more than ever don't be afraid to ask for help. Thats why the organization is there!! Let them help you because I guarentee that they want to help but don't know what to do :) Take it easy and keep those babies in!
I love reading your posts. They're fun to read and you keep them real- telling the good and the bad, uncomfortable, and panic moments, which I like. Wish I still lived there though, I would have loved to come over and painted the walls or whatever you needed. I like that suggestion about calling the RS or your visiting teachers to come help. DON'T feel bad doing that, that's the kinds of things people LOVE helping with! Some of my funnest service memories are helping to clean a sister's house that was totally overwhelmed, painting a fence, and painting walls of a future nursery!
You look SO great Jess & can I just say that you have the best attitude with all this? You are amazing! I want you to think of what I can do to help you out. Think about it and call or text me. I can send hubby over to help set-up cribs. He's a pro. PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Love ya girl!
Jess, you are adorable! I want to help you out, so how about you send me the colors your thinking of for blankets and bedding and I will do some sewing magic for you then you will have 1 x 3 less things to worry about.
Here is my email:
dbmarissa@gmail.com
Jess, you are adorable! I want to help you out, so how about you send me the colors your thinking of for blankets and bedding and I will do some sewing magic for you then you will have 1 x 3 less things to worry about.
Here is my email:
dbmarissa@gmail.com
Wow Jess I don't even know how you do anything with three little babies inside you. One is hard enough. You are a trooper!!! You look super cute too:) So I need to come over, now that you are home are there better times than others?
If my vote counts I'm voting for Berklee
Post a Comment