Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Message Activity

I have a lot of Easter crafts I want to make for our house, but this was all I had the ability to do. Kayson and I made these giant Easter eggs together to hang as decoration. Next year, we're going to make some smaller ones to put in a glass dish to display somewhere. But that's not all they're for this year.... I'm really into teaching Kayson the true meaning of things right now. Especially when they relate to our Savior and our religious beliefs. There are 6 eggs hanging, so I'm writing out the true story and meaning of Easter and dividing it up into 6 different folded up pieces of paper and put them inside the eggs. Each day of Easter week, he'll open one up and we'll read it and talk about it. Then on Saturday night or Easter Sunday, we'll watch the animated movie "He Is Risen". This is a perfect movie for little kids to understand the true meaning of Easter and help their love for the Savior grow. I'm really excited about this activity and hoping to keep this tradition up so that each yr, we can separate the "fun" parts of Easter and the REAL meaning behind Easter.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute, cute, cute idead....what a cute mom you are! :) Care if I steal your idea??

Liv said...

Awesome eggs! Is that the kind of thing you do around balloons, and then you pop them?

Simonsen Family said...

Love the eggs and Easter idea too.. Very creative and AWESOME!!!!!