Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Reunion

We've spent so much time with each of our little girls separately in their own isolettes, that we have really individualized them (a good thing). So when we were able to get them all back together again for the first time, it was definitely a mind blowing feeling! We were so excited for this!!!



To see them as they've always been, a close little trio, was so precious. It reminded me that they'll always have a special bond, they'll always have each other and that this experience is going to be so different from the baby experiences we're use to. Priceless.



Payten & Saydee just curled right up into each other & fell asleep. Hallie on the otherhand, well although she didn't cry or freak out, she silently had her own squirmy way of protesting this reunion. Go figure though, she was squished at the bottom of my belly by her younger sisters the last 7 months and if she could speak I'm betting she would say,



"I thought I just got rid of these two!"



See for yourself:


Payten, Saydee, Hallie



Payten, Saydee, Hallie







Kayson got to participate in a fun activity for NICU siblings called "Ice Cream for Isolettes"



In the class they learn all about premature/sick babies and what machines and tubes keep them healthy and how we can keep them healthy. They also drew a picture, got to eat ice cream, and then the best part was he FINALLY got to see his little sisters through the window!! These girls are going to be his little dolls for the rest of his life :) I get mushy inside just thinking about the love that's going to blossom between these 4 in yrs to come. He's going to be such a great big brother.



I think we've finally got their little faces down and can tell them all apart now. They aren't identical but they have lots of similarities. Here's what we know about our little girls.




Hallie (Hal/ Hallie Bear)


She's been our littlest one but don't let that fool you! She's been soaring by with flying colors and letting her little sisters know she may be small but she's still in charge! She's pretty quiet and sleepy, but she loves to make lots of faces in her sleep! I like to call her my little mouse because she's always making these tiny little squeeks and squeals...she's just so miniature and mouse-like! She loves cuddling with mommy & she loves to raise her eyebrows, even in her sleep...just like Kayson use to!




Payten (Payte)


She's our little angel. She's struggled with a few complications in the NICU and although we're concerned about her, we also have faith that she's going to get stronger and catch right up to her sisters! She has the most adorable spirit about her. She loves to sleep with her mouth wide open and one of the funniest things is she has THE MOST dramatic cry. I'm not kiddin folks. This cry is so adorable yet so funny to listen to. It's the most girly, dramatized "damsel in distress" cry I've ever heard. I can't wait to get it on film.




Saydee (Saydee-Lou)


Now this girl is a fun story. She is our feisty one. No shocker there. Reading my previous pregnancy posts you'll see this started long ago. She has always been the wild one. When she was born she really protested coming out and was harder to get out. Poor little doll actually had to be revived right after birth. I didn't know this was going on until long after the labor and she was just fine. Still bothers me but she's a fighter! She is still our fastest growing, developing baby and she's already started non-nutritive nursing once a day. She's well on her way to coming home! She also has a very distinct cry...she sounds like a howling, meowing cat! Love that girl.




So there you have it. Our very different but PERFECT little girls. I still can't believe we get to bring THREE little babies home...we are SO blessed!!





2 comments:

Jordan said...

What a cute post! They're gonna be the funnest little girls! I was just thinking about this time next year, you'll have 3 babies all over the place!

Cristel said...

Awe, it melts my heart to hear you gush about your kids. They really are adorable. I am so happy Kayson got to peek at them. Oh, the joys to come for him being their big brother. I can just imagine. So cute. I am so happy they are all doing well. You look so cute holding them. You amaze me. GO JESS!