E.R.I.K.

Where do I even start? He's the cheese to my macaroni. The peanut butter to my jelly. We just celebrated his birthday and Father's Day this last week. Which is SO unfair to him that he only gets once a year to be on a throne...I'm gonna have to do something about that.
On top of feeling like I'd be lost without his love in my life and his role in our home as an amazing father, I am beyond grateful for his sacrifices for this family.
He has worked so hard to get through the nursing program on top of helping provide for our family and take care of me with my difficult pregnancy. He recently had to study like a crazy person for the state boards and I thought it was going to kill him. He had to work, study AND help take care of newborn triplets. And now, he has to take on the weight of being the sole provider for our family. I can't even express in words how grateful I am that I have him. That because of his hard work and dedication, I am able to stay at home and raise our kids. This wasn't exactly our original plan. I planned on working part time to help our family for several more years, but our plans changed when we were blessed with 3 babies in one shot! But every morning that I wake up and get to stay in my "comfy clothes", snuggle 6 baby cheeks and make my little boy lunch, I remember he is the one that is going to make that possible to continue. And for that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. He made my dreams come true. So one might call that person a hero. I sure do.
He is our hero. He's more giving than anyone I know and I love how much I miss him when he's not home. I love how he always pours his chips into tupperware instead of eating out of the bag. I love how he plays magic tricks on Kayson in sacrament meeting. I think it's cute when he fixes my plate for me. I love that he puts up with all my stupid addictions and bad habits. I love when he kisses me...but I wish he'd do it more. I love when he makes intimate jokes to get me in the mood. I love that I slept alone for 28 yrs and now I can barely sleep when he's not next to me. I'm so lucky he still thinks I'm hot, even though I'm 30 lbs overweight after the triplets. And last but most important...I love that he picked me.
He is such a great father, husband, friend and provider. I hope we can make the best of every moment we have together and that we will have each other's shoulders and rock solid support as the trials come our way. I am so lucky it's him that I get to grow old with. Heavenly Father definitely answered my prayers...even if I sometimes I have to stop and remind myself. I can't wait for all that we get to go through together with our little family. And as strange as this may sound, I can't wait to get to know him more and more everyday. I hope I can open up every part of my heart to him that I have. I want to fall in love a million times over.
And as you can see, he's about 100 times hotter than me...

Love you Hubcap
2 comments:
Awesome. What a sweet dedication. You are so sweet!
You guys are seriously the cutest couple and I love how much you adore him. He really is such a great person!
Post a Comment