Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Big Move

Up until now, the girls have been sleeping in pack 'n plays in our bedroom. This has been the safest way. Saydee and Hallie have always shared one and Payten has snagged one all to herself. For about 2 weeks now, the girls have been sleeping in their separate cribs in the nursery for all daytime naps and doing really well with it!


Well, the time has come for the big move. For a few reasons. For one, in order for them to fit they have to lie sideways in the pack n play and every night Hallie and Saydee gravitate toward eachother and it makes me nervous. Second, they only have about 2 inches above and below their head and feet before the edge of the bed. So they're outgrowing it. Last, I would really love to get them sleeping better through the night without needing their binky's put back in.


So the night came....they did great. Until about 5 or 6am, conveniently when mommy gets up to do her P90X workout. They just had a really hard time staying asleep. Their first feeding is at 8am and getting Saydee to last that long was seeming impossible. I was going up every 10 minutes to get her back to sleep. Finally, I had a thought. I decided to put her into Hallie's crib and voila!!! The little noodle slept straight for 2 hours!!


It's precious that they *need* eachother like that. She just missed sister. We've gotta work on that.



2 comments:

Lisa & Tyler said...

Oh my gosh, they're getting so big! This post is adorable...so cute, those two!

Erin said...

That is awfully precious. I'm glad you've got this blog to record these sweet things.