Saydee brings the sunshine into the walls of our home. We may live in a small and sometimes murky little townhome with only one window in our living room/dining room area. But the bright and cheery personality and smiles this little one shares with us is more than enough light to fill up our lives! She's amazing. Some days when I go into the nursery to put her binky in her mouth after her waking, she will just look up at me smiling, giggling and bouncing her body up and down in excitement. And over what? Seeing me!! If that doesn't make you feel important in this world then nothing else would. She is my happy fix for sure. She is currently obsessed with talking to Ceiling lights. (video later) At first I was being all "nutso" and wondering if she was talking to spiritual "beings"...buuuuuut eventually I realized she just has a light fetish. She'll probably go blind one day. But hey, the way they get this girl going with talking and yelling it's worth the entertainment! She is SO strong...so strong. She'll probably beat a boy up one day. And I'm sad to say that yes...she's still bald. The monthly report on her hair growth (or lack thereof) remains. Last, she has this laugh (if you can call it that), that has been around since she was born. (video later) It's more of a sheep sound. It's this long and funny noise that turns into sheep sounds. She does giggle sometimes but it's hard to get her to. She fights it HARD.
In the end, I'm grateful for the brightness, joy and optimism she's brought into our home. On days when I feel like there's nothing to be happy about, Saydee teaches me that it's a choice to DECIDE to be happy. Nothing officially has to "make" her day. She just makes her own day by being here. I am so grateful for the lessons she's taught me.
No comments:
Post a Comment