Thanksgiving has always been a holiday that has touched me. I am a Christmas person for sure, but Thanksgiving always jumpstarts my emotional attachments to Christmas by bringing me face to face with what I've really been blessed with. Starting the holiday season off full of gratitude gets me in the giving mood, the grateful mood. Which is exactly how I like to celebrate and teach this holiday to our children.
I can HONESTLY say that I can't think of another year that I...WE...have been this blessed. I can't think of a year where I've had MORE to be thankful for. I made it through a triplet pregnancy...A HIGH RISK TRIPLET PREGNANCY with no (out of the norm) complications...I gave birth to THREE living, breathing, healthy, normal, strong ...perfect babies. AND they suffered ZERO complications...and I got to bring them all home within a matter of 6 weeks. To this day no one has had any problems or illnesses. We've been blessed by the loving, selfless service of so many friends, family and strangers in our lives who have helped us get through hard times. We have a home. We have the vehicles we need. We have our religion and the Gospel and the power of the Priesthood and Prayer in our home. We have experienced what the Savior's love and Atonement can do in our lives and the power it holds in keeping our families together and strong. Not only have we been blessed beyond measure by our triplets' miraculous existance and safe arrival...but the love they bring in to our home has been a perfect example of how much our Father and Savior love us. They have taught me patience beyond what I thought possible...they have set examples for me and changed me in ways I didn't think infants were capable of. I see more and more each day that our family needed THEM. Especially me. My Father is answering my prayers through them no matter how odd or unrelated my issues may be...somehow I am learning and growing through them. And what I've learned from them has expanded into every area of my life and made me a better person.
With that, after I share some quick pics from our Thanksgiving Festivities, I am going to follow up with posts for each of our children because they are at the top of my gratitude list this year.
I made these cute little Thanksgiving onesies and headbands. This is the 3rd or 4th outfit I've made for the girls and I'm having so much fun with it. I can't wait to share the ones I made for our Christmas cards!
Daddy feeding them carrots @ Thanksgiving at Grandpa Bart's...boy do these punkins get messy!!
Aunt Lins teaching Kayson some piano....an awwww moment.
Hallie and those heartbreaker EYES!!!!
Aunt Lins & her Payte. They're tight these days :)
Mommy and her little man
The Hunt Thanksgiving
Mommy's big helper!
My Hunky Man
1 comment:
Kayson is such a big helper! What a stud. And as always your family is beautiful in every way. I looks like you guys had an amazing Thanksgiving. Love you girl!
Post a Comment