Friday, November 4, 2011

These 6 Legs Are 6 Months Old!!

Wow. Six months. It feels like just yesterday I was cradling heads that barely fit in my curled up hand, tickling toes smaller than I've ever seen in this life, wiping bottoms that had no cheeks to them, swaddling precious preemie bodies that were fighting to grow outside my womb. I can't believe this day is here. For so long I thought things were going by really slow, and then one day you pass a preemie outfit at Walmart and wonder how your babies were ever TOO small to fit in them. I must've stared at that preemie outfit for several minutes just reminiscing. I miss the days our little girls were drowning in their preemie outfits. But growth means they are home and healthy and OURS.

First, I want to share something that I hope doesn't offend anyone. I know it's a very sensitive subject...even to some close to us. But I feel compelled to journal my feelings.

I know our babies are an amazing blessing and that we are so lucky. But too often I fail to appreciate what a true miracle of God they are. Sure, I knew the risks when I was pregnant, and I did all I could to prevent anything going wrong. And we were blessed to carry them as healthy and far as we did. Being a "member" of the triplet world, I hear a lot of different stories. Some deliver very early and endure tragedy or have to go through many struggles with their babies, some with disibilities too. And we knew that if something went wrong and any of our babies had a disibility that it would be trying but we wouldn't care...how can a parent not welcome ANY child with anything less than perfect unconditional love? We were prepared for it all. But somehow, as my pregnancy flew by, uncomplicated, I began to forget how serious it was. When I was admitted to the hospital for a 3 day observation, there were 2 other mothers of triplets in the unit...both delivering way too early...both suffered with some fatalities. At that moment I realized I WAS lucky. Those mothers probably did all the same things I did and didnt have a choice in ending up where they did. I began to realize that I was still here only by luck and the Grace of God. I also came across a story that occured this past summer. A mother expecting triplet boys delivered her babies at 21 weeks...all of them passed away that day. It was so hard to read that story and realize that could've been us. It really made me count my blessings and thank the Lord for watching over our precious children and letting us keep them all. I held our healthy growing little girls a bit longer that night before tucking them into bed. My heart truly goes out to anyone that has had to suffer the loss of a child. And even though I can't help but feel a little guilty for having 3 of them when I watch others around me in their struggles or sufferings, I can't help but end up on my knees in gratitude. I know we have been given these babies to help complete our family. They are here to teach us, humble us and open our hearts. They complete our family and each individual baby has their part in our little circle. So six months later, I'm just as grateful and aware of what a true miracle they are. I feel so undeserving of this miracle, but Heavenly Father knew this is what our family needed...and I am enjoying seeing why.

Moving on...
We love Halloween in this house!! I was so excited to make some outfits for the girls to wear this month. And it came just in time for their 6 month pics. I LOVED how they turned out...they look yummier than Halloween Candy!!






My eyes can barely believe the changes below:
1 Month Old
(Payten, Saydee, Hallie)
6 Months Old
(Hallie, Payten, Saydee)

Now, here are some great comparison collages I put together to show their growth because it's been pretty amazing! You might have to click on the pics to see them close up.
Hallie
(newborn, 3 mos, 6 mos)


 Payten
(newborn, 3 mos, 6 mos)

 Saydee
(newborn, 3 mos, 6 mos)

 All 3 girls
1 Month and 6 Months
 This picture gets to me. The preemie outfit on the left drowned the girls when they first wore them. You can see in the pic above when they are wearing them. They are now in the pajamas on the right. And very snug!
 Last, a photo of the first time I ever held my baby girls at the same time. And the most recent picture (6 mos) of me holding them together. Pretty crazy!

I have a lot of things to say about each of our daughters at this stage but  I'm going to put it in a separate post for each of them. Here are some things they all share in common at this age:
They all babble like crazy
They love to hold each others' hands
They are all eating 4 times a day and taking 2 two hour naps. Sometimes more
They all weigh about 14 lbs
They all love to spit and drool
They all like to be tucked into bed the exact same way
They love movies and music
They all laugh for their brother so much!
They've all lost all their hair & gone bald

The last 6 months has been more than incredible with these precious babies. Some would argue it could've also been the toughest 6 months of my life. But I'm enjoying it too much and too in love to even think that. I'm blessed...just blessed.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

What a fun milestone! I'm so glad they're all healthy and happy!

The Triplett Family said...

Fabulous post. It's so fun to watch them grow, they look like they're doing very well. What a miracle and a huge blessing in your family.

Jesse.Amanda.Maelee said...

Can you believe it has already been 6 months?! Time is passing too fast! They have already grown up so much! Love them :)