Sunday, January 13, 2013

Community Christmas

Last year, my friend Joni participated in an enormous service project that her family put together a few years ago and I really wanted to participate this time around. Basically, her parents orchestrated an enormous event where collected/donated items, food, clothing, toys, gifts, etc are given to families in need during the holidays. 
This year Community Christmas took place only the day after the Sandy Hook Shooting. I'm sure everyone was just as shaken up as I was. And I can't tell you how much it helped ease the pain and lift my spirits to participate in something like this and remind me of all the good that is in the world. Losing yourself in service truly heals pain.
I showed up to her house with Lemonade Monster Rehabs (her favorite) in hand and we got to work at the hot chocolate station. I'm pretty sure we mastered it.
I was so grateful to Joni's amazing family for not only putting this together and having the generous and loving hearts that they do, but also for letting me volunteer. I can't wait until next year. I'm going to be making and donating as many of my hair accessories as I can. Something fun to look forward to. This is what I love about the holidays...
I didn't get any really good pics because we were in the trailer the whole time but I stole a couple!
 
 
 

No comments: