Thursday, February 21, 2013

15 Minutes of Fame

Ok so maybe it was 5 minutes of fame but we'll take it.
 
Our little family had quite an exciting event! We were given the opportunity to be on tv! It really all came about because I'm a member of a Utah Triplet Mom group. I have a lot of really great friends in the group and look up to all of the moms that have helped lead the way for me. It's such a great group of moms and we don't just get together like some exclusive club. It's not like that at all. We are always there for eachother to answer questions, share frustrations, exchange/sell/hand down items, get advice, have play dates and moms night out, and be an overall support group for eachother. Being pregnant with triplets and then raising them in a world where it's unfamiliar can be really scary. But because of this group, it hasn't had to be that way. Not only have I been able to get the help and support that I need, but I've bonded with so many friends I wouldn't have met otherwise. So many people I look up to and when my days seem too hard to bear, I don't feel alone at all. And I'm grateful for the "safe place" I have with them. 
 
Now on the TV...
KSL Studio 5 was interested in doing a segment on Moms with Multiples and in addition to interviewing a few moms at the Gymboree Play Gym, they asked me if I would be interested in allowing them to come to our home and get an inside look. Of course we couldn't pass up this opportunity!!  I dialed Erik on the phone at work like it was an emergency because I couldn't wait to tell him! We had a few unfinished projects in the home that we now had motivation to finish, and my sweet sister Lins came over to help me get some extra cleaning done that I couldn't get to on my own. Well, enough rambling, see the video for yourself!
 
 
It was so fun to see my family, the people in my life that I get to call mine, up on the front page of the Studio 5 site. Even if only for 1 day.
 
I was so choked up while watching this. So proud of the sweet little people our children are. We feel incredibly blessed to have had this opportunity to be such a special part of the segment and to have our cute kiddos featured. This is a memory and keepsake that they will get to have with them for the rest of their lives. I think that's pretty special!
 
We are so grateful to Brooke Walker and KSL for choosing us to participate and we loved having her in our home. She is such a kind and inspirational person to be around. Full of life and love for others. The kind of person you are with for 5 minutes and just want to be friends with. I love that our girls still point and say "Brooke" when they see her on TV. They think she's their little friend!
 
Last, it would be ungrateful of me to not take this opportunity to thank our Heavenly Father for ALL of our children. We are so blessed that we have been entrusted with this task in our lives. Being parents to triplets comes with it's difficulties for sure, but as any parent would agree, the beauty and joy in parenting outweighs those times tenfold. Our situation is unique, but in all of the good ways. We may always feel unworthy of this great blessing but equally grateful and our hearts are as full as our hands.
 
We are so blessed to have such wonderful support groups with our friends, family and ward. They love us all unconditionally, and they are always there to lend a helping hand and forgive us when we're late! Without wonderful people in our lives, things would be a lot harder. We're grateful to each and every one of you and we truly recognize the blessing that you are to our lives.
 

3 comments:

anniebobannie said...

I have been reading your blog for a while! It was fun to see you guys on tv!! Hey side note, where do you get your girls clothes? The outfits they wore on this shoot were darling!! Do you ever sell their old clothes ( to random people lol)? Let me know! Annielemaster@msn.com

Sarah said...

How fun! That is so awesome! It was so fun to watch and see you live! You are just the cutest mom and I can tell you adore your family so much!! I love the end where you say you are the lucky one!!

sav said...

cute! i just watched your video. that is so awesome that you were able to share your life on studio 5. your kids are all so cute. ;)