
We're ENGAGED!! Can we get a woot woot!? Ok so here's the run down of the best night of my life! It was Saturday, March 28, 2009. Erik took me to Walmart to get me out of his house while his mom & our friends Zach & Madi set the show up. When we returned at 9pm, I thought Kayson was asleep downstairs. We planned on watching a downloaded version of National Treasure and after about 5 minutes into the movie it cut out into loud static. Then came a slideshow of us with Erik singing Families Can Be Together Forever. The whole video was really romantic & creative! At the end...after some really sweet captions, there was a clip of Kayson saying "I love you mommy, I love you Erik". The whole time I wondered if this was finally it but I was in denial...I didn't want to ruin anything or assume. But I could feel Erik's heart POUNDING like he was running a race! When the movie ended he led me to his back door and on his back deck was decorated in lights, candles, rose pedals, and a table with Sparkling Cider and crackers. Here comes the tearjerker-get ready. Kayson was standing there all dressed up in a tux holding a ring box. He was the handsomest thing I ever saw!!! So much for him being asleep downstairs...sneaky sucker was in on it! Erik read me an AMAZING poem he wrote.
"Since the day that you hit on me in Lab Room 5
I can honestly say that we've had an amazing drive
Through the journey of "I like" and then getting to love
It's clear as can be this was a Gift from above
It's a gift that is something that can't just be won
It's a gift that is something that can't just be won
It came with my future wife and without a doubt , my son
I love you so much and our life starts as three
The key to that path is for you to marry me"
After that he gave me a fake GIANT ring...then showed me the ring of my dreams!! He had an idea of what I wanted and designed it himself. It was a lot of work but honey you've given me a permagrin! Of course I said yes and jumped up around his waist. It was a night fit for a princess and I can't thank him enough for wanting me to be his wife. I'm a very lucky girl and I am thrilled to start our lives together. I have such an amazing man...fiance! I love you babe!!
6 comments:
I am so stinkin excited for you and I cant wait to hear about all of the wedding plans!
That is so awesome, Jess! I honestly had tears in my eyes when i read that poem! So sweet! I'm so glad you guys are getting married, you're perfect for each other. Love you guys!
Congrats Jessica!!! I am excited for you.
I'm glad you invited me to your blog. I have one too! Kristi
Congrats girl! That is so EXCITING! Thanks for finding me on Facebook....I'm glad you blog too! You can find me at www.denisegibb.blogspot.com. Keep in touch okay? :-)
This is so cute! It brought me to tears! You three are truly meant to be together! I am so happy for you all! I love you both! Congrats a thousand times over!!!
I'm so excited you have a blog Jessica!! Beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you guys! When are you getting married?
Post a Comment