I haven't posted much since the honeymoon. I'm still anxious to get our wedding pics back. But don't you think for a second that means our life has slowed down! Ooooh contrare mon frere...we've got plenty to blog but not enough time. From nursing school, starting a party planning business, to settling in our home, to working on establishing budgets and organization to changing work schedules and getting new sitters for Kayson...its been quite the roller coaster ride! We definately skipped the honeymoon phase and moved straight into being married for 5 yrs haha! No we'll circle back soon. I decided to just share how much families mean during these hard times. Life is crazy...it will ALWAYS get crazy. But the "living on love" phrase has popped into my head a lot lately. No matter what we go through, what we have or don't have, what we lose or wish for in life, whether we're getting what we want or struggling to get by...we'll go on...together. It's a comforting thought to know that the glue that holds our family together doesn't just hold it when life is good...or when we're doing what's right or making good decisions or not. It's ALWAYS...even when things are out of whack. Remembering that keeps our priorities straight and our faith where it should be. And THAT is where our happiness really comes from. We're so blessed with that and so much more in our lives. I couldn't have married into a better family. I really got the pick of the litter with them and I don't know why they chose me before this life but I must've been one heck of a big deal up there! Next, I'd like to share with you my true inspiration for posting today...

...This summer I've felt like a neglectful mom juggling full time work, attending summer holidays & events, primary teaching, planning parties, helping with my sisters wedding and MOST OF ALL planning my own wedding pretty much on my own. I was aching inside feeling a loss of connection with Kayson and feeling like I wasn't a positive righteous example. We weren't having FHE every week or reading scriptures. We were up so late at Erik's parents on the net and wedding planning that he stayed up late hours every night. He felt the stress from us and was grumpy all the time so I felt like I was always getting after him. Well...there was still hope for recovery.
When we returned from our honeymoon Kayson gave me a second chance. That first week back was one of the best weeks I've ever had with him. He was snuggly ALL the time, he'd come up and tell me he loved me more often than he ever has. Even when he got grumpy I couldn't find it in myself to get mad. I just enjoyed being back with him. Before the trip I'd never been away more than 1 day and this was 7 days! I made it! The hard part is sometimes he gets needy now and doesn't want me to leave the room...he'll say "Mommy don't leave me here...mommy I need to be with you..." it about breaks your heart! He must think I'm leaving again. But in the end...my point is that all is well now. We're right where we left off and we're closer than ever. I love the bond I share with him. I could listen to him talk, watch his face move & light up, and smell his sweet skin endlessly. I love him, I love him, I love him. Thanks for letting me share!!

5 comments:
Oh Jess I got teary-eyed reading that! You should write a book. I love reading all of your posts. It really helps me step back and realize what matters most in life. I just love you!
That's wonderful you are starting a party planning business. My sister's baby shower is coming soon so I'll be calling you for some ideas! When life settles down a bit give us a call so we can get together!
What a great post! Kayson is so cute. I know things are crazy but it's fun figuring things out and you and Erik are so great together!
This made me cry! You are such a great mom and I know Kayson has always come first in your life! I think Erik's family are thinking the same about getting to have you in the family! You're a catch and you three are beautiful together! I think you will be great at your party planning business-quite talented! I've always wanted to do that on the side, I find the whole thing fun and interesting. Things have a way of working things out, remember that. Plus it looks like they already have! If you ever need me to watch little Kayson sometime let me know. I love you all!
Oh i love how you put everything, Jess! So true. I love the stuff about Kayson. What a sweetheart, i can't wait to hang out with him!
That was really sweet. I know what you mean, it about breaks your heart when you they put you in your place and let you know what your real priorities should be:) Cute pic!
Post a Comment