Not to mention the almost endless list of thoughts and goals I came home with
The Layton event I planned on attending sold out earlier than I thought, so I decided it would be fun to make a girls road trip out of it and head to the Idaho Falls event. I invited my friends TyAnn & Yvette...they're such good sports! We had an amazing time. Lots of laughing, tears and junk food!
First, a few pictures...
This was our amazing view the second day.
We learned the first night we needed some LEG room!
We learned the first night we needed some LEG room!
This year's theme was "Seek The Good". We came away with so many great talks. I wanted to share some of my favorite points.
~Seek the good that is already in your life and discover the good that is waiting for your heart to create.
~Regardless of your original intention; you will become what you surround yourself with.
~Surround your life with Christ, NOT bitterness and grudges
~LET GO of lower things, reach for the higher
~God told us that we would ALL make mistakes that would make us unworthy to return to Him. The Atonement saved us from that.
~The desire to repent/forgive unlocks the ability for the Lord to heal us.
~Forgiveness is COMPLETE...when we sincerely desire the other person's welfare.
~When you're down and feeling like you're at the end, you're being prepared for things you can't yet see-you're being molded and refined in the meantime.
~The more we look for the good in someone, the less we'll see their mistakes.
~Goodness cleaves to goodness. Goodness invites goodness TO you.
~Let's focus on eachothers' hearts and not our faults.
~ We should be praising our children for things they do correctly as often as we do for things they do wrong
~Goodness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable and undeserved.
~If ye shall seek me, ye shall ever find me
~All your losses will be made up to you in the resurrection if you're faithful
~Unless you're living the gospel with ALL of your heart, you cannot push back the darkness
~Service doesn't just help others; it helps us become better and more Christlike ourselves.
~The Lord is aware of the situations we're in and knows how to get us out of it. We need to trust Him
~Trust God enough to also trust His timing
~When we are called to sacrifice, we learn something about ourselves
~Trust that sacrifice will lead to miracles (ie: Abraham/Isaac)
~In our moments of our greatest sacrifices, the Lord will send us angels in His own time and in His own way.
Isaiah 43 "Fear not, for I am with thee"
I don't know why but this was the best picture I got of us. Let's just say I wasn't there for impressing people :)
Ty(& little fella in the oven), Yvette, Jess
I love these girls soooo much. And after our road trip weekend together at this event, long road talks and late night pillow talks...I feel a deeper bond with them and I'm so grateful for our little threesome. They're good to me and I'd do anything for them. I'm so grateful I have them and that they came along with me!
And I can't leave my husband out. He was so gracious and supportive by staying home with all of the kids so I could get a "time out" for myself. He's such a wonderful husband and I love him for it!
And I can't leave my husband out. He was so gracious and supportive by staying home with all of the kids so I could get a "time out" for myself. He's such a wonderful husband and I love him for it!
5 comments:
Sound so fun.
Okay cave woman...sounds so fun!
Sounds like you had a blast! We should do this for a 'girls night' for all the 'guys nights' our hubbies have!
That sounds awesome! You deserved some fun time off! Glad you had fun! :)
I'm so glad you got to go! I look forward to it all year! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)
Post a Comment