Monday, April 2, 2012

ME Time

It's hard to find "me time" these days. And when I do, it usually consists of reading time. But one thing I've been doing for myself lately is a new work out routine. It's one of those things I've been DYING to tell people about and share with others so it's only fitting to abuse my blog to share.
I've been a huge fan of the TurboJam workouts by Chalene Johnson for years. I've been doing them since Kayson was born. They're FUN, go at your own pace, I see results AND I can give it a full hour or do a 20 min workout on days I'm short on time. But I've graduated.

Chalene recently came out with TurboFire, and it is KILLER FUN! At first I noticed it was more intense but in a really great and worth it way. There are 16 dvds...so many to choose from!! Of course there is a schedule you can follow so you know what to do, but you can also just mix and match what you like or what you have time for.
I think my favorite thing about it is that it fits MY schedule, MY life. And here's why. She has started these new workouts called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and they are amazing. It's basically a short workout (15min, 20min or 30 min) of interval training. So one minute of really intense-give-it-your-all and then a minute to recover. For some reason I'm able to psych myself up to get through a minute at a time and before I know it the workout is over and I'm completely trashed, red faced and all. And with my crazy life and triplets running the show, I can spare 15 minutes. It's my miracle answer.
Chalene is super inspirational. She's always been the best coach for me over the last 5 years. I love her enthusiasm. And the music on the dvds is a BLAST! I think it's the music that pumps me up so much. Turbo workouts just work with my body. My body loves them. I enjoy them more than any other workout or physical activity.

One thing that has motivated me through these workouts is that one of Chalene's friends is up on stage with her a lot and she's a triplet mom...with phenomenal energy. And it gets better. The main spokesmodel for TurboFire is a mom of 7...with a set of quads AND a set of twins. She's always my inspiration because if she can do it and rock a killer body then I know I can. And that I can get my body back and then some. Here's her picture. She's amazing!
Last, I wanted to share the video for the TurboFire ad. This was the video I watched before I ordered my TurboFire. I got mine a little less expensive on Ebay cuz I'm cheap like that. But let's face it, I get the same results either way. This video rocks, and honestly I'm so thankful for TurboFire in my life. As silly as it sounds...it's my little getaway...MY time. And I look forward to every second of it!
Maybe one day when I've reached my goal I'll post before and after pics but for now I'm a work in progress!

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

I have a couple friends who are really into this. Maybe I'll have to be brave and try it! :) Heaven knows I could use it!!

Sunset Stanley said...

Thanks for sharing this Jessica! I was really into Zumba before I got pregnant and I'd like to start going again after the baby is here but know that it is going to be tough finding the time to get out for a class! I really think I'm going to start this once the baby is here. It looks great!