Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back From Hiding...

I can't believe how bad I've been at blogging lately. This is just such a busy time of the year for me! I've been reminded by some sweet friends that I've been slacking so I'll try not to disappoint. After all, my family deserves some journaling. These precious times pass us by too quickly. But for now, this is what Mama Bear has been up to.
 
Christmas Headbands for my Sweete Flare business
 More headbands...
 Made a ruffle tree skirt I've been wanting to make all year! I'm so excited about the way it turned out. I'm a little disappointed that we don't get to enjoy it as much because there's a giant gate surrounding our tree...but Christmas Day it's going to shine bright for the world to see!

 I hosted a craft night at my house to let out our "cray cray". It was a great time and I'm ready for round 2!! We made super simple trees so there would be no crying or throwing things at the end of the night. I say it was a success. Love these ladies!


 This is what we've got so far but we ran out of felt early. So much for guesstimating. Never guesstimate. Just sayin.
Finally finished my collage wall. Eh, almost. I may add a couple of pictures but the point is I finished my faux canvas boards. The center pic of the family is a real canvas wrap, but I used wood boards to make the others. Success! (Thanks Pinterest)
 Front View.
Personally, I think we're missing a baby up there. But if you ask my husband...I'll deny deny deny!!

Last, I feel it necessary to always be upfront and honest. Our lives aren't always what they seem from the outside. And even though we have a wonderful life, I'm not going to just paint a pretty picture and leave it at that.
 That being said, so many people compliment me on all of my crafting, decorating, baking, sewing and activities I do with my children. And I'm always so tickled...but the truth is that with all of the things I like to do in my spare time (translation: Naptime/Bedtime) there is so much in between too. During the winter months I tend to hit a lazy wall. And yes, I make time for projects and activities and cake making and blah blah blah...but I also have plenty of days full of laying around with the kids or sitting on my couch enjoying my favorite shows. I didn't use to be that way, but with as hectic as my days can get, the husband and I have found a lot of solace and relaxation in our tv time! Don't be alarmed when I tell you that some days I have a hard time finding the motivation to do anything more than what the kids need of me. And then I lay flat in front of the tv at night for some of these lovely treasures that help me kick back.
 The Vampire Diaries



I know that I need to do better. I would love to have the strength to ground myself from the tv and drown myself in good reads (which I sometimes do) but sometimes I need a good laugh, a good thrill, a juicy drama or a Fairy Tale twist. Maybe more importantly, I like to see adult interaction. I don't get out much, so the people on the tv have become my little friends...or so I like to pretend.
So there you have it, a little of what I've been up to lately.
I have more posts coming on the triplets plus 1 chronicles!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Okay, so I LOOOOOVE those headbands (makes me secretly wish for a girl...can I borrow one? haha! j/k) And what a fun craft night! I just might have to make myself some of those. They are super cute! I'm comforted to know that I'm not the only one who loves her shows and some days does just the minimum. Us Mom's deserve that sometimes for our own sanity, right? ;)

Brianna said...

Hi my name is Brianna, and I too am addicted to TV. I also wish I could ground myself from this vice, but it brings me such relaxation, and a break from my busy, anxiety ridden mind.

Love all your honesty!