Friday, March 8, 2013

Trying A Little Harder...

...To Be A Little Better...
 
I'm really stinking at this blogging thing lately. People said it would happen and I didn't believe them. But lo and behold, having three almost 2 yr olds running amuck can really keep you on your toes. And when you're not on your toes, you're trying to recover from being on your toes! It's a vicious cycle folks. One that I'm DESPERATELY trying to master. Desperately trying to hold this family together, my house together, my fitness together and even more importantly as of late...my sanity and emotional health.
Yes.
A lot of things have taken a back seat lately so that I can get my emotional health in order. Taking care of myself over things that are more important to me is a very hard thing for me to do. But I've really tried to change the things that are within my control if they will help me be in a better place for my family. Needless to say, things are really starting to look up.
 
But in the meantime I'm really behind on things like blogging. And even though it's NOT a real big priority right now, because I have so many other things that are, I do know that I'll regret not journaling. So for now I'm trying to set more reasonable goals for myself. I've said in the past that I am really good at overwhelming myself.
 
Here are some day to day pictures of what our life looks like.
The moments that make me smile.
And even some moments that make me cry...literally.
 
Hallie had a freak accident...ya might say. The back side of her thumb was pinched in the door. No biggie-I'm sure you can imagine how often this type of stuff happens in our home. But after several days I noticed it was getting worse. Swelling up, getting red and eventually her nail was yellow and you could tell it was infected. She sure hated going through it and her nail still hasn't grown back. But she sure did enjoy some alone time with mommy and a date to eat some nuggets!

 One afternoon, Kayson told me he was going to take a nap with Hallie. I just laughed like, "yeah good luck with that." And then 10 minutes later I find them like this...totally out cold. Can't put a price on that cuteness.
 
 "Patiently" waiting for dinner to be done.
 
These girls love mommy's make up. I don't know how they find ways to sneak into it but they do!!

 Again...into stuff.
 
Ah, a cute moment. I love when they do things at the same time. I think it's cute!
 
 
 Lunch wore her out. Little Hallie has had a hard time since I cut out the morning nap. It's been a few months but she still barely makes it to lunch time before falling asleep.
 Poor Saydee bug caught a...well, a bug. She had a high fever and was pretty miserable for about 24 hours but no other symptoms so we just helped her ride it out with rest and essential oils. She was back to herself the next day but this sweet picture of Hallie comforting her warms my heart!
 I feel so blessed to have a husband that can be home sometimes during the day. I love it when he turns to me and says, "let's go shopping or something". It's my favorite!! It's hard for me to get out with the girls so I enjoy these little outings! Sad, I know.
 
 And then there are moments like this. Daily moments. That at times have been the last straw of the day and may or may not have sent me to the bathroom for a time out.
 Which brings me to my new favorite. The Electrolux Ergorapido. I finally had enough and caved into buying this. I saved up some coupons and invested in this little piece of heaven. I never knew one day my favorite item would be a vacuum. Isn't that depressing? Haha! It's love...I can't help it. The hand attachment is a major bonus!
I think this next photo speaks for itself...
 
 
This little ham still loves to eat. She's gonna eat her way into a bakery one of these days. But we love her!!
"Every.Last.Drop."
 One of my many saving graces these days. A night out with fellow triplet mommy friends. I can't say it enough how much it means to me to have friends that I can relate with. Of course I'm blessed with many friends in my life, but there are just some things that I need my triplet mom friends for! And I always come away feeling uplifted, inspired, relaxed and understood. It's a wonderful experience everytime! It's a powerful thing to know you're not alone in your unique struggles and triumphs. Love these gals!
 
 And of course my life wouldn't be the joy that it is without this man. We're becoming better best friends. Every day. So far, we're keeping up with our goal to have at least 1 date night a month. I know it's only been a couple months but it's priceless. I love this man so much and I feel so much closer to him every time we get out alone. Somewhere during the night we find "us" again. And that's a hard thing to do sometimes.
 

No comments: