I had the awesome opportunity to be flown to Florida to help throw a baby shower for my sister in law, thanks to my stepmom, Linda. I was so grateful for this opportunity. Not only did it allow me quality time with my loved ones that I rarely get to see, but it was a major mama recharge. I loved being able to sleep in every day and just do things as I please, when I please and how I please. It wasn't until this "vacation" that I truly realized how much my every move is ruled by my little ones haha! I missed them though. Thank goodness for modern technology-being able to "Facetime" with them every day made a world of difference.
I had so much fun planning this shower with my stepmom. We planned it around her nursery theme so that she could use items in the nursery. It turned out so fun! Of course it helps that they have the perfect party hosting home!
First of all, I got to eat out more than I'm use to. That was a treat in itself!
Here are some pics from the shower. Everything was themed to match the nursery and we even used some fabric from the nursery bedding that Linda made.
Diaper Wreath I made
We went shopping at the outlet stores (amazing by the way) and Linda and my dad surprised me by letting me pick out a Coach bag AND wallet. People, this was huge to me. My heart was literally pounding. I've NEVER owned anything expensive like this before and the purse and wallet I had with me were older than Kayson and had holes all over and even the cardboard was showing through the fabric. I was in heaven. Talk about feelin fancy.
My sweet SIL Kris, and my stepmom Linda
My pops
I took a moment to walk down the street to sit on the water for some peace while I could. Heaven
This is the damage we did for the kids at the outlet stores!! Gnarly, right?
And I had to share this little gem. Erik sent me a pic one day of his fabulous attempt at doing the triplets' hair. I was SOOOO proud of him. I showed it to EVERYONE! He's such a great daddy and even more amazing to have taken on the whole house by himself for 5 days!!! I was so grateful.
It was a wonderful trip but I was just as excited to get back to my loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment