Ugh, I HATE when Easter is in March. It just doesn't feel right! I love it when it's springtime and there is sunshine in the air and flowers blooming everywhere you look. I remember the triplets were born 5 days before Easter and they were born on April 19. They were my Easter babies and it was such a beautiful spring. A month earlier is not.
Despite my grudge against the calendar, we had an amazing time. I put together a toddler-friendly egg dying activity that I think will be a favorite for years to come. We used wisks to keep the eggs in (which I had about 6 of!) and we cut holes in a cardboard box so that the cups wouldn't spill all over the place. It was seriously a hit! As you can see, the kids had a blast. And even aunt Lindsey and Grandma Lessie came over to join in the fun!
Easter morning egg and basket hunt
I always have ambitions that are bigger than my capabilities. Like treat making. Some years I make fun things all week long to go along with lessons. Other years I make one thing. Oh well, they were fun! Chocolate covered strawberries.
We try our best not to focus on the Easter Bunny this time of year but with little children you can't miss out on the fun of being parents! We always have a fun visit from the Easter bunny!
The best part about Easter is going to church to worship our Savior and ponder on the life He gave for us so that we could be Resurrected one day. Looking at my family in their Easter best each year and knowing they are mine for eternity because of our Heavenly Father and the sacrifice of our Savior is one of my favorite moments. My heart is overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for where I am at in my life.
I made Easter dresses for the girls this year but they didn't turn out the way I imagined. Oh well, at least they were colorful and I put a little heart into it. Trying to get a decent picture around here is a joke by the way.
Later in the day we had an Easter Egg Hunt at our weekly Hunt Family Sunday dinner. It was SOO much fun to see the kids scurrying after the eggs. Saydee was a professional. I think she got more than her fair share. This was no joke to her...go big or go home I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment