Thursday, September 30, 2010

Falling Into It...

Last year I dedicated a post to my love for Fall. I thought I would keep up the tradition. You can see my post from last year here.

May I depict my romance with Autumn in the following description. It's when the deepest cravings of my senses meet with fresh brisk air, crisp orange leaves, breathtaking aromas of apples, pumpkin and harvest baked goods. I love to feel the "nip" in the air and breeze blowing through my hair...just about as much as I love to say the word "nip". And here you have it, some of the luxuries I love to look forward to during this much too short time of year.

One of my favorite fall pictures...I can feel the nip in my nose!

Ah...Halloween. My favorite Holiday. I get SO pumped up for candy, treats, color, scary thrills and....costumes!!
This year's costume:
I got this book in the mail this year. Can't wait to have our party and steal lots of ideas
Oh and the Halloween Decor...oh give me some more!!

Pumpkin patches...getting to have fun with the kids!
I'd like a moment of silence for the next item up. I can't forget my best friend. Yes folks. My best friend this time of year comes in a can. Quiet, always forgiving, always willing, always beautiful, always listening...sigh. Apple Cinnamon Cider. You make EVERYTHING better.
Caramel Apples...oh the millions of possibilities I love to play with each year!

Meet Pumpkin roll.
I am really excited to make this little mouth waterer this year!
I love to read in the Fall. Don't ask me why. It's just a thing.
Any other time of the year..blughck.




I love to wear knit hats and scarves. Yes...it's THAT time again!

Oh pumpkins, pumpkins and MORE pumpkins. One of my FAVORITE things about Fall. Every year I find new ways to decorate them. I'd sure save a bundle on decorating if only they were around all year long!


Ok this makes my top 2 list. Smells. That's right. Novelties of the nose.
Sticky Cinnamon Bun
Pumpkin Spice
Brown Sugar
I could go on...but I love the smells of Fall in my home!
Scentsy owns my paycheck this time of year.
I don't know why this is so far down on the list. But warm, soupy Slow Cooker meals are to DIE for this time of year.
This one happens to be Spicy Cheese Soup.
Ok next up. My own metamorphasis. I thought it would be fun to share a pic of me last year and this year. I'd love to share a good family one but I'm going to wait until our new family pictures are in hand (super excited about).
Fall 2009 Jess...

Fall 2010 Jess...
Coincidence I'm making the same face? I think not. It's what I do.
Dork.


Now last, I'd like to copy what I did last year. Sort of. I shared with you a song I had listened to the year before that brought back Fall memories of what was going on in my life at the time as well as what new song I was into.
Problem.
My music interests are all over the place this year. So instead I'm going to share with you the song from last year that brings memories and then share with you the Halloween Playlist I am so very proud of making this year!
Hope you enjoy.
Last year...


My Halloween playlist

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Until next year, Happy Fall...may it warm your family as much as it warms mine.

3 comments:

Kadee said...

You need to add Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me to your list :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY&ob=av2e

Denise said...

I love your list! The pumpkin roll is a tradition in our home too - soooo yum!

Swain Family said...

You are SO funny! And right, it really is the best time of year! I miss fall fashion... sweaters don't go well with the heat! But all of the food mentionings made me HUNGRY! I bet you have the BEST treats at your house! :)