If there's one thing we've been able to count on so far with this pregnancy it's to be shocked every time we visit the doc. We had a fun little Thanksgiving surprise and a little more to be thankful for this year. But I can assure you folks,
THIS is the last and final baby count:
THIS is the last and final baby count:
I'm sure everyone is sick of us updating our story all the time, but there should be no more surprises. Phew! Triplets is a scary word folks, but we're getting use to swallowing it, and saying it! Of course we've been going through a rush of emotions & it's going to take probably this whole pregnancy and THEN some to get use to it, but how can we not just sit back, laugh, smile and know that we are blessed beyond measure right now and forever?!
For journaling purposes bear with me real quick for the story.
When we were sitting in the patient room waiting for our nurse, Dr. A popped his head in with a grin and said he wanted to sneak us away before the nurse came in because he was anxious to find out how many we had. We both looked at eachother realizing he must've had a bigger hunch than he initially led on. I hopped on the table and Dr A joked around with us to ease our nerves. Then he immediately started giggling (yes he found this hilarious) and said well there are 3 in there! Yikes! No one cried, no one screamed, no one fainted or ran away. We survived it. And having such a fun and excited Dr really eased our fears! We love him.
Here's what we know so far (this is the part everyone's been asking about)
1. We can count on premature babies
2. We can count on time in the NICU
3. We can count on bed rest & possible hospitalization
4. We can count on a C-Section
5. We can count on our babies being born at 3 lbs...maybe 4
6. We no longer have a "due date"; our goal is just to make it past week 28. Most triplets deliver between 30-32 weeks. I'm hoping for first of May but as long as it's not before mid April the babies will have a high chance of being healthy and possibly avoid NICU. So much for June 22nd eh?
7. We will go through approx 900 diapers the first month
8. Last but not least, the entire pregnancy is very accelerated. I am only 10 1/2 wks along but only have about 5 months left. This means growth is faster, the sickness has been worse, stretching is faster and the pain when walking has already started early for me because of the pressure of 3 babies. So when you see me waddling like an 8 month pregnant woman when I'm barely showing, please hold your laughs...I can't help it, I HURT! Ah the joys.
I thought it would be fun to share what we do know about our little ones. We either have a sneaky one or a camera shy fella on our hands. In our first ultrasound, the bottom fella was hiding like a Navy Seal. Not even visible (see previous post about twins). In the following pic, you can still barely get a full view of this one with the other 2 at the same time. We got plenty of him/her alone, but still super camera shy! Cute little stinker! I know it's hard to make it out but the baby in the bottom pic only really has it's head visible.
Last, I keep getting requests for belly pics. Sorry these don't show much, especially for triplets. But I'm keeping track none the less. I'm sure pretty soon there'll be something to show!
5 Weeks...
10 Weeks...
You may not notice it, but I do. I have grown. I HAVE. I'm already wearing an elastic around my button in this pic. I may not be pouchy but my stomach was much slimmer than this before the tator tots.

7 comments:
Wow when Jordan told me I was speechless. Triplets, that is insane!!! I hope you are feeling better. You will be the best little mommy to your three babies. Plan on me bringing a meal or two when you have those little ones:)
Oh my Goodness Jessica! This is amazing for you and your family! I am so excited for you. Having a bay is a blessing, but having three is the biggest blessing a mom could recieve. I know it is hard on you right now, and it will be really hard when they are too,but to think that three little guys/gals are being sent to you from Heavenly father so you can take care of his precious angels is amazing. I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations. I am surprised your hubby didnt pass out...I would have! Good luck, and you seriously better let me know if you need anything. What you think is a burden to others is not, it is just our chance to show our compassion and charity. so if you need me to pick up your little guy from daycare or grab you some milk from smiths, you better let me know. I dont want to see posts that you aren't having cereal because you couldnt get to the store! ha ha. Your so adorable.
Holy moly! There's this Chase credit card commercial airing right now where the mom goes out and buys all this stuff with her credit card and tells the husband it's for all the big stuff. "Big stuff?" She opens the nursery door and there are three cribs, three car seats. He passes out. I view that commercial and think, yeah right, not real life. And I thought of you and your twins and said, yeah, twins would be believable, but triplets, not. And then ta-da, triplets you shall have! How very exciting and fun. I hope you're getting as many naps as possible. You guys have got to be thrilled. Congrats!
I'm so excited. When Aunt Kat told me I couldn't believe it. Good luck on everything. :) Can't wait till you come down again to ole Alabama. It's been forever since I've seen you.
I couldn't be more freakin' excited for you guys!
I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty sure my heart rate and breathing sped up while I was reading!! haha. I can't even imagine how you guys must be feeling... but holy cow! I am SO happy for you guys and SO excited! Good luck, feel better ...and you need to post an address where we can all start sending you diapers! :)
Oh, and if you go to amazonmoms.com create an account and get a 15% discount, you'll get another 15% discount if you subscribe to an order (think diapers automaticly delivered to your door once a month or every other month or whatever you want.) and it's free shipping. It might be a great way to gradually build up a supply before you start using them... and nice for after when random trips to the store aren't super easy. Anyway, just sayin', I do it and love it.
I just read your post on fb and had to come look at your blog. That's so exciting you are having triplets! I have twins...which doesn't compare to triplets but I can relate a little bit. I love to read blogs about moms of multiples so I might become a blog stocker. It helps to read about mom's that are more stressed out then me LOL :). When you are feeling overwhelmed look at the blog oninfertileground.blogspot.com She had quadruplets! Good luck with your pregnancy. I hope you start feeling a little better!
Post a Comment