One of the things we were looking for when we moved was a 4th bedroom so that we could have a playroom. And it's right next to our living room/tv room. I love that we have all of our toys in ONE place. It keeps the house under control. The kids love it! There are still some fun things I want to do with it but it's been my favorite room in the house all summer!
I love our raingutter shelves. I was looking for something easy, cheap & accessible for the girls. Instead of having them hiding on a shelf, they can see the book covers and it encourages them to read & pick what they want. We found the idea all over online but this is the best tutorial here. We definitely need another one though. We still have a basket full of books and Kayson needs one in his bedroom for the big kid books. I really love this idea & we'll continue to do it for yrs to come!
Our reading closet still needs some work, I'd like to get a lime cushion or shag rug for the floor. And I'd like to paint the wall inside the closet. But this is one of our favorite places to play!
I saw alphabet letters online that I loved. You can buy them here, but I decided to make my own. They do have more fonts and unique design on that link but I saved a lot of money and I'm always more proud of something I make myself. I chose to get the BIG letters for the first initials in our kids' names to help with learning their names.
Here are some pics of the trio loving their play room!



1 comment:
Oh how lovely! Having a play room is a dream of mine... but I guess only having one kid myself, Aspen's bedroom should double as her playroom!
I love the dresses on the girls! Aspen got something very similar if not the same for her birthday this year.
You did great work on the room for your kids!
Post a Comment