Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sew Pretty!

I finally got started with making dresses for our girls. Some of the dresses I love most are around $30-$40 a piece and when you do the math that's at least $90. So, I've been really excited to get into sewing. I've been practicing a lot with little projects around the house like curtains, slip covers for couch pillows, tie's for Kayson, burp cloths, blankets, Car Seat covers...etc. These are the first dresses I've completed for the girls and I'm so excited to make many more things on my wish list! Next I'm going to try some church skirts, pajama lounge pants and then Christmas dresses.

I got the pattern for this dress here. I got 3 different patterns with her 3 for $15 deal. I love her shop because she has great patterns for beginners!
 
I added a cuff at the bottom & also added a tie around the waist to make them a little cuter! The fabric is from the Amy Butler Midwest Modern collection.
 
 Here are my princesses in their dresses, complete with matching headbands of course!
 

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

I L-O-V-E your blog! It's always super late when I'm reading, so I usually don't comment. But I just love it all! You are such a great wife and mom! I admire you so much! I don't know how you find the hours in the day or the motivation! But I love that you are always making so much effort to be present in it all!

And when I find my motivation and finish one of the millions of projects I have, I'm going to call that moment "Pulling a Jessica"! :)

You are amazing lady! :)

The Tracys said...

Cute dresses and cute girls! Wish I could sew more than a straight line! I love your playroom too!