Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Birthday "KK"

Yes, you read that correctly. Our Kayson has officially adopted a new nickname in our home. One I treasure because of it's origin. His sisters have given it to him. They are getting closer to saying his name but for the most part, "KK" is the word that they scream out in excitement when they see their brother or hear his bus outside. And I find it fascinating that all 3 of them use the same nickname for him.
On to "KK"...
It doesn't feel like he's this big 6 year old now, and it certainly doesn't feel like I'm the mother to one! Where did all the precious time go? We've been robbed for sure on this one. I still remember the day I found out that I was pregnant with him. I journaled it of course, and regardless of the circumstances I was in, my heart and my words reflected nothing but pure joy and gratitude. I never questionned whether I was ready to be a mother or not. Not once.  I knew that Kayson was a special gift from my Heavenly Father. I knew that his arrival was not just going to change my life in the parental sense, but that his arrival into my life, into my arms would put me on a path that I was meant to be on. That I needed to get back on. Some might say (myself) that he saved me in many ways. From the moment I laid eyes on him I knew he deserved the world and that I would stop at nothing, sacrifice ANYTHING to give him that. And I did a lot of that. I vividly remember rocking him as a newborn singing "Families Can Be Together Forever" and being overwhelmed by the spirit and knowing that an eternal family was more important than anything in this world. His sweet little spirit in my life gave me hope when I was unsure. He gave me strength and faith when I lacked it. This special little boy became my beacon and all that I needed to completely hand my fears and insecurities over to the Lord and have faith that Heavenly Father will rescue us from all of life's unfair things. And He did.

Last year I had him fill out a quiz about himself and I wasn't surprised to see that not many changed this year! He is who he is and I love that about him. He sticks to his guns, isn't very influenced and marks his own course in this world no matter what's going on around him.

Favorite Drink: Root Beer
Favorite Color: Green and Turquoise
Favorite Toy: Cars
Best Friends: Jordan & Cashe
Favorite Song: anything Hip Hop
Favorite Sport: Soccer & Football
What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up: Police Officer
Favorite Thing To Do: Play with friends and in the snow
Favorite Book: Disney Cars2 Book
Favorite Movie: Chihuahuas 2
Favorite TV Show: Inspector Gadget
Favorite Animal: Zebra
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Time of Day: Schooltime!
Favorite Place To Go: Grandma & Grandpa Hunt's


Kayson, you truly are mom's favorite little man. You constantly remind me of the wonderful decisions that you helped me make. You remind me of the beautiful blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us even when the road ahead looks hard. You give me a desire to constantly grow as a mother and be better for you everyday and push myself when I fall short. I am so proud of the courage and optimism you have for life. You have been thrown some abnormal situations in life and you have shown such bravery and trust when it can't be easy to do so. You have a way of accepting what life gives you and moving forward as if you knew that was always the way it was meant to be. It reminds me to do the same. You look so handsome in glasses. You're the best little reader I know and you rarely get frustrated or discouraged with your homework and learning. I'm always so impressed! You don't get that from me. I love that you have developed such a love for music. Both listening and making. You definitely got that from me! You have such a love for friendships and being active! I try so hard not to get frustrated when you ask me every.single.day. if you can go outside and play with friends. It's only because I miss you when you're gone 7 hours a day! You love to make friends and could play with them until the sun comes down. You don't care if they are boys or girls, 5 yrs old or 12!! I love hearing all of your stories about your friends and the silly games you come up with. You crack me up when you talk about girls, especially when you get your embarrassed face on. I love to hear you pray and secretly open my eyes just to watch your sweet face concentrating on feeling the spirit. You love your sisters so much and I cherish the moments that I see you playing with them as if they were your same age. They look up to you so much and are learning so much from you. You don't see how much they point at your pictures when you're away at school, or how every time a big truck goes by the house they think its your school bus and point to the window saying, "KK"!!! You are everything a parent would want in a son. Your daddy loves you so much and loves every chance he gets to be alone with you and do "guy things". You're his partner, don't ever forget that! Our family is so blessed to have your infectious smile and perfect heart in our home.  I pray each day that I will be able to give you all the things that you need and be the mother that you want. That I will be able to perfect my patience and that I'll be able to continue to help your testimony grow the way that you have done for me. You mean everything to me, puppy!

Here are some of my favorite memories of you over the precious years I've been able to call you mine.




































And here are a few of my favorite videos of you!





 Such a good little reader, so proud of you!







1 comment:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Kayson! Such a handsome dude!