The thing about being a party planner or baker...or whatever they're calling me these days, is that your kids learn to expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But eventually we'd like to do the "big" parties every other year and get by with a fun cake and fun days in between. This year I ran that idea by Kayson and he was pretty disappointed. I figured since this was our first year in our new neighborhood, and he's met SO many friends in the ward and school that he deserved to have a fun party like all the parties he's already attended this year. I couldn't just duck out now! So, as always I ask Kayson to either pick a theme or tell me what his favorite theme at the moment is. He couldn't do either. Luckily, as his mother, I know what he likes (or like to think I do) and I thought a Lego party would be perfect because he's into Legos right now. (And apparently I never got over them!!! I still love to play!!)
It was really so much fun! I spent a lot of late nights...like really really late watching old seasons of Friends and making his party decorations. Good times, no really! I'm looking for ANY excuse to stay up late and have some "me" time these days!
I think the best part about his party was that he was able to invite a lot of friends and I was able to come up with some fun games & activities that kept them busy and having fun the whole time.
A close-up of the cake...
I made these giant Legos out of Cool-Aid Jammer boxes...
(the cheap version of Capri-Suns)
Details...
Made these easy Lego Head Loot bags...
Pin the Lego Head on the Lego Man!
We had some Lego building contests...
This was a game where you had to see how many Legos you could move with a straw in a certain amount of time...
Some Lego Garland...of course...
I love this picture because it's the first time the kids have appreciated the treat table!!! Finally success!!! I didn't even have left overs this year, hooray!!
And you can't have a party without a pinata...even in the cold, right?? And this one was homemade no less, by that talented hubby of mine!
I can't forget to mention how sweet it was of Erik's parents & my sister Lins to come help with the triplets and the party. Saved my life.
Lego Parties rule! Get one! :)
I was so happy with the result. Kayson was happy. The kids were happy. I stayed within budget. I would say another birthday success! I love to see his excitement and pride in the things I enjoy doing for him. He's worth it all!
After all of the late nights, all the hard work and 11 boys to entertain, I had a huge head....
.....ACHE!!!!!! Muahahahahaha.
3 comments:
Seriously, what a FUN party! You're amazing! He will always remember what fun birthday party's you threw for him. What a special gift!
That is a cute theme idea and you totally blew it out of the water. Way to go!
I have 2 boys who would FREAK OUT over this party!!! Oh... My... Gosh! It looks like hours and days and probably weeks of planning and work! You are such an awesome mom!!
Post a Comment