We're getting closer to having the nursery done!! I can't wait to post some before and after pics. Affording to decorate a really cute nursery for 3 babies isn't easy without creativity. So that's what I've done. I've made all the decor myself (fun!!!). We couldn't afford bedding for 3 cribs, so we decided to buy the fabric and make from scratch. My amazing & talented sister in law is making all the bedding so we're spending as much as we would on one crib bedding set but we're getting 3. How perfect is that!? It really was the only way and to be honest, if I had known how much cute & unique stuff you could do with picking out your own fabrics, I would've done this before! Anyway, some progressive pics to come soon!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Chuggin Along...
There's really not much to blog about this week until after our Wednesday appt. We're REALLY anxious to find out how big the babies are. Still wanting to get our little girls above 3 lbs before they come. And with the way things have been going since I REALLY cracked down on my bedrest, we're pretty confident I can still make it a few weeks...hopefully 4!! The fabulous news is that this week marks our most important Goal Date to make it past. 24 was obviously super big, but week 28 marks their 90% chance of healthy survival (with help from the NICU of course)!! But we've about made it...we are sooooo relieved. I know we had quite a scare a few weeks ago, and things are still the same, but staying constant is a GOOD thing. My sweet hubby gave me a blessing a few weeks ago and we took the bedrest even more serious and since then, my contractions have really calmed down. I went from having 4 an hour for a week to 1-2 an hour for 3 weeks. So things are good and I'm confident we can still hold out a while.
Bed rest has been more challenging than I thought. I went a whole week without stepping foot outdoors and THAT was depressing. Once I did get out, I finally got the guts to use the motorized carts at the stores & although SUPER embarrassing, it was pretty nice! It'd be even better if I could get my own and bling it out! :) jk. I need to give so many thanks for all the love and support and help we've been receiving. Friends, family and members of our ward have reached out to really help us with meals and even just stopping by to say hello (makes a world of difference to me when I feel like I'm in prison). And I've blessed enough to even have the sacrament brought to my home on Sunday. I couldn't be more grateful for all of the above & I will never forget the kindness people have shown us.
Fun News:
Last, I hate this pic....because I'm super WHITE & I feel like my face is getting swollen or something cuz I rarely like my smile in pics anymore. I know, I'm a dork. But I needed to get a pic up! So this is me, pregnant with triplets, at 28 weeks (7 months).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah! for making it to 28 weeks! I'm getting SO excited and it's not even me having those babies! hahaha. But of course, we don't want them too soon! So glad to hear you are hangin in there!
And I know everybody has been telling you how good you look. And you probably totally don't feel it. But you look amazing! I know people who are that big with 1at 6 months! You make a very cute incubator! :) And your hair is SO long! Love it! You should also know that most of us can only dream of being as beautiful as you... so go easy on yourself! I've never seen a bad picture of you! :)
You're beautiful, Jess!
Post a Comment