Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When You Wish Upon A Star...

...dreams come TRUE!!
Ok cutest story ever. Like myself, Kayson has never been to a circus or Disney on Ice show, despite my wanting to take him. Well, he found this Disney On Ice advertisement in a magazine and he wanted it. So I gave it to him. This is where I later found it...

Yes, he used every magnet he had to show us what his little 4 yr old heart desired. What can I say, it choked me up!

He's lost his play days w/friends because we took him out of daycare now that I'm home

He's had to put up with mommy being a crippled bore on bed rest

And he has so many changes coming up with 3 little demanding baby sisters.

So I decided to use some of his birthday money he got to surprise him. Trust me I wanted to be there for this, but being on bedrest I knew it wasn't in the cards. So I decided to surprise him AND daddy.

I cut the advertisement into 12 pieces and put them in this cupcake pan. Pretty fancy eh? I even took a nice fuzzy pic for ya with my camera phone. He had to take out all the pieces, put the puzzle together and turn it over to reveal the ad. He and daddy were pretty excited!


During the week I tried to do little things Disney related to keep him pumped. Although he didn't need it, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. the first words out of his mouth when he woke up were how many days it was until Disney On Ice.
Kind of a scary looking Mickey Quesadilla but you get the idea
Then came the event...

This next picture made it all so worth it!!

I was a little worried he might get bored at the show but he didn't. He loved every second of it and had such stories to jabber about when he got home!! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to spoil him with a night JUST for him.

2 comments:

...Ashlee... said...

This got me all choked up too. You're such a good Mom.

Swain Family said...

You are such a sweet mom! This totally got to me too! hahaha. He is adorable!